One can love or hate oatmeal. I belong to the first group. I love oatmeal because there are countless ways to make it and even more toppings with which it can be served. Each morning you can create a totally different bowl of oatmeal, depending on your mood, weather and season. Oats can be stored over a longer period so you don’t have to think about buying them every single day. Finally, yes, eating oatmeal is beneficial for your body, as oats are a great source of fibre, protein, stabilize the sugar level and reduce the bad cholesterol level.
Baked oatmeal imitates a cake, you can eat a half of it without guilt. You don’t have to invest a lot of time to prepare this breakfast. Just combine all ingredients, go take a shower, the rest will be done by your oven. Serve warm, topped with peanut butter. Bon appetite!
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 80 g oats
- 100 g yoghurt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp almond flakes
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp honey or if you prefer
- 1 pear sliced in half and de-seeded
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine all ingredients except pear and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish, put pear and some extra almond flakes on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until the top starts to get golden.
- Serve warm, topped with peanut butter. Bon appetite!
The recipe has been adapted from tastyy.